Re: Fwd: big (non-celtics) trade going down

> I'll pitch this: Vitaly, Kenny and a pick for
> Houston?

Maybe in another draft year.  Knowing Pitino, two seconds
after he issued his comments about hoarding draft choices, he
was already planning to trade them in such as deal as you've
proposed, but I kind of like the idea
of the Celtics having two nice lottery picks this year and coming out
of the draft with a legitimate center and a young point guard.

And the problem with your trade scenario is that you would
thoroughly weaken the Celtics at center and point guard.
Brown and Pack are brittle, with the best thing for the Celtics
to do, in the case of Pack is showcasing him during training
camp and moving him out before he reinjures himself. Battie
and Blount are questionable at center, though
I still hold some hope that Blount could emerge with time
into being a decent center - You never know with young
big men.

I don't mind the C's trading Vitaly - in fact, I encourage it - but
for another first round pick and expiring cap crap.  Really hoard
the draft choices, I say, and reduce long term contracts.

The problem with your trade is that means the C's have to
go out and acquire a starting center and point guard, and have
just given one of their draft choices that allows them to do such.

Now, if you're talking about a post-2001 draft pick in the deal,
or a lottery protected pick, forget what I just babbled and make
the trade.
Ray