Re: Globe: Celts want Chris Carr

    For me, it's more the "I'd like to get another scorer (to go with Pierce)"
and the "five teams are after him" Spintino, kneejerk bs rhetoric that kills
me.

    Why can't Pitinochio try coming clean and say that Carr seems like a good
bargain in his estimation who might or might not help the team, and, in any
case, the million dollar veteran slot we're offering is basically serious chump
change (maybe 1/40th of next year's cap) anyway whether or not it is longterm
or not . There aren't that many semi-accomplished veteran players out there who
will even sign for 1 million. It is a 12th man slot. Or a 15th man slot in this
case.

    I think what the Celts need is a credible three point threat particularly
now that Barros is gone. I guess adding Carr's contract signals that Joe Sesar
can't be with us next season, or isn't ready for the NBA yet.

------