Re: C's Still Trying To Do A Blockbuster Trade

--- You wrote:
Glad to hear it. All the Randy Browns and Robert Packs in the world aren't
going to make a bit of difference with this team unless there are some
fundamental changes made. Pierce and Vitaly for O'Neal and Wells? On paper,
it sounds like an advantage to the Blazers, but at some point it's going to
come down to Pitino and Wallace trusting their talent evaluation.
--- end of quote ---

Well, if Pitino's talent evaluation record is any indication...ah, never mind.

--- You wrote:
It would
be a gutsy move. Have they seen enough to honestly believe that Jermaine
O'Neal is ready to battle the Mournings and Duncans of the NBA? Are they
convinced Wells' flashes last season can be carried over to an increased
role without the Blazers' talent around him? This is the kind of move where
Pitino earns his money. If he's right, he turns this team around with one
trade. If not, he sets it back for years.
--- end of quote ---

That's what scares me, Pitino making those kinds of trades...
This excitement over Jermaine O'Neal bemuses me: so he's an athletic, thin 6-11. So is Battie, Moiso, and several dozen other
guys in the NBA. Just from observations of his behavior on the court, he seems a rather stupid, immature kid. Since it's rather obvious that Pierce is superior to Wells (except to Mark who seems to advocate trading Pierce for anyone, anytime), why would we want to give up a serviceable center or multiple picks for O'Neal, whose true position is unclear, and who sports 4-year career averages of 11 mpg, 4ppg, and 3 rpg? Oh yes, UPPPside. But, if he's so promising, why would Whitsitt get rid of him? They're going to need a C/PF type with Sabonis turning 36 in December, and Grant leaving. It's not like Allen can't afford to pay him. So why let him go? It comes down to whose opinion you trust more, Whitsitt's or Pitino's? You know my answer.

PS I'm curious to see if poor, abused Claudia the Blazerfan will send me hatemail as he/she/it usually does when his/her/its beloved Blazers are criticized in the slightest.