Re. Jazz Make Deal For Marshall

Thanks W,

Pack, when healthy, is more than a serviceable player. The problem is, he's
never healthy. We'll see how he figures into things. Hot Rod Williams is a
non-factor as a player.

The important thing about both Pack and Williams is their contracts are up
after the upcoming season-that's about $6 million lopped off the payroll.
The significant addition, long-term, for the Celts, is the draft pick. I
believe Utah gets the lesser of three picks owned by Denver next summer. The
Celts, of course, have first dibs on the best of Denver's picks, as long as
it isn't in the top 5. Utah, I believe, gets the worst of those three picks
from Denver. I think one of them originally was owned by Cleveland. The
other, I'm not so sure.

Anyway, the Celts could have three first-rounders next year in what is
shaping up as a strong, deep draft. Geez, you'd think with the stockpiling
of picks and acquisition of cap-clearing contracts, Pitino was planning to
stick around. Nah...

Mark