Re: Rumors Rumors Rumors

I saw this a couple of places this week and we would be fools to make this
deal for two players that haven't really proven anything. Yeah they have
potential, but I don't see O'Neal ever becoming a center in the NBA any more
than Camby can, unless he gains about 40 pounds of muscle, not like Kemp,
Baker or Oliver Miller.

I like Wells,  but I would take Pierce over him any day, and as someone else
said,  to go up against Shaq you need a big body like VP.

Portland, I am sure, would love this deal, but Damon Stoudamire has already
made comment regarding only one ball and too many people wanting it.

If Portland wants a big center, which they need, and Pitino has the faith in
O'neal (scary),  make them give us O'neal & Wells for VP and Mccarty or
Barros, but definitely not Pierce. But you had better hope the athleticism &
scoring at the other positions offsets the lack of inside presence which
would be worse then it is now. Everyone saw how Shaq dominated Portland &
Indiana.
Would two lanky shot blockers like O'neal & Moiso help ? Until the refs
begin calling fouls, Shaq will continue to charge like a bull in the low
post.