Re: Red Alert: C's Talking Big Trade With Portland

>Pitino vs. Whitsitt? God help the Celtics. Paul M.

Now that's funny, and probably prophetic.

OK, I'll jump in here with my speculation. This is exactly the team I was
hoping the Celts would target, because they seem to match up fairly well,
the Blazers have deep pockets, and both GMs are willing dealers.

I'm assuming Jermaine O'Neal would be coming this way, and hoping for Bonzi
Wells. Toine and VP for those two, maybe with Eric Barkley also coming to
Boston? Could be. I'm hoping this doesn't include Steve Smith, because he is
about a year away from that Xavier McDaniel in Boston kind of season. Those
knees are just about shot. I can't imagine Portland would take Kenny back
under any circumstances, which is too bad. As much as I dislike Stoudamire,
he would be an improvement.

Well, you have my curiosity piqued, Ray. Now... give us some details.

Mark