Re: Potapenko trade

>From: Ryan Lee <rlee_at_channing@yahoo.com>

>  > Noah wrote:

>  You're building a strawman here,
>  > misrepresenting people's arguments
>>  to make your own attacks against Walker look
>>  justified. Sort of a case of
>>  "don't confuse me with facts, my mind's made up".
>
>A strawman?  I think you've been reading too many of
>Bird's replies to me.

Heh.  Rather, he probably came to his own conclusion, since you are
again setting up a strawman to knock down.  However, your recent
posts have lacked the insults and personal attacks that has become
your trademark, for which we are all grateful.

>Have you been to any of the
>summer camps?  [...] I've
>seen what Walker can do up close and I've seen the
>summer leagues up close so I'm not misrepresenting
>anything.

Seeing the games and misrepresenting other people's arguments are two
seperate things.  Why place such a premium on seeing the games (in
person), especially in this case?  Anyone knows that the D being
played in these games (such as it is) is matador-style, if that.

>  A veteran starter will tear up those summer
>leagues.  [...]  Walker better put up
>some good numbers in a league like that, albeit 43
>points in one half is impressive.  But didn't several
>no name players in that same game score 30 points as
>well?

Even when you _do_ give Walker some credit, you always need to knock
him down a peg, too.  Why is that?  He scored his 43 in one half,
while these other "no-names" had twice as much time to score
two-thirds of his total.  Admit it, even given that this was a summer
game with no D and marginal NBA talent on the court, his point total,
scoring his team's last 9 points (on three's, I think), and making
the game winner -- all those things were impressive, and are a good
signs for the year to come.  Whether they bear actual fruit in the
next year remains to be seen.

Do you still want to trade Antoine Walker for a bag of Skittles and a
player to be named later?
--
mailto:bird@pixi.com
"Way to go schmoe."