Chicago's perspective

While this trade scenario is much better than the Indiana one, we should
be able to get more out of it than just Fizer and Hawkins.

Look at things from the Bulls point of view.  They had almost $20M in cap
room, and the only guy they could get was Ron Mercer.  They need a
superstar caliber guy like Walker, if for no other reason then to save
face.  Fizer and Hawkins have no value to them.  Fizer is a PF plain and
simple.  There is no way he can play SF in the NBA.  So right now he is
Brand's backup.  Making a deal that uses up cap room is exactly what
Chicago wants to do if they can get a hometown star like Antoine.

So what we need out of this trade along with Fizer is Crawford, or a 2001
first round pick, or we get to include another contract (Battie/Williams).

Another thing to consider is that if we move Antoine, Fortson would be
happy to resign, but the question is do you still let him go to stay
flexible for next year.

Yet another thing to consider is that if we do this deal, we shouldn't be
signing Randy Brown to a contract beyond this season.

Jeremy