a little more on this Walker trade thing

Walker for Fizer, player for player, isn't a good deal. Walker at his best
probably is superior to Fizer at his best. I say "probably" because Fizer
reminds me a little of Karl Malone-not especially tall, not especially
athletic, but a tireless worker who made himself a great player. The
anti-Toine.

But, Fizer probably isn't the second coming of Karl Malone, so let's assume
he isn't the player Walker is. However, clear that $11 million off the cap
after the coming season (who else comes off the cap then?), get creative
with some other contracts, and the Celtics may find themselves in the free
agent market next season. Remember, only a couple of teams will have room to
offer max contracts, so if the Celts could get $5-6 mill under the cap, they
could be players for next year's versions of Croshere, Mobley, Rashard
Lewis, etc.

And maybe, just maybe, Toine is the bad influence on this team that everyone
says he is. Maybe addition by subtraction works with Toine.

I don't know, but I do know this team needs a major shakeup, and Toine for
Fizer certainly qualifies.

Mark