C's Checking Out Tskalidis This Week

I see that Chris Wallace is in Europe at the
moment checking out the European talent for the draft and next week
he peruses 7-2, 220 pound Greek/Georgian center Iakovos Tsakalidis,
who may be 20 or 22 depending on whom you ask, and may have a
contract with AEK Athens until 2003. Whether he comes to the NBA
right away or down the road, he's projected as a late lottery
pick.

Other Europeans that may be drafted in the first round are:

Hidayet Turkoglou, a 6-8 swingman with a nine year contract
with Efes Pilson in Turkey.

Marco Juric, 6-6 Italian shooting guard.

Josip Sesar, 6-5 shooting guard from Bosnia-Herzegovinian.

And one of my favorites, Big O2 from Nigeria - Olumide Oyedeji,
who played for Dirk Nowitzki's team in Germany and was named the
MVP of the German All-Star game.

And watch out for 7-1, 215 pound center Nate Huffman, who
is drawing NBA interest after averaging 25 points
during the recent European Final Four. He can opt out of his
contract with Maccabi for the NBA.

Ray