Re: Celtics Projected To Take Dooling (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:29:58 -0400
From: Elgin W Booth <ewbooth@hypatia.unh.edu>
To: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.boston-celtics
Subject: Re: Celtics Projected To Take Dooling

I have seen Speedy Claxton play twice in person vs. my college (New
Hampshire and Hofstra play in the same conference). He is an incredible
athlete and tough defender, but come on, he is 5-10 without much of an
outside shot. The guy is not going to make much of impact in the NBA. He
does not have the perimeter game to really make it and is more of a
scoring mentality than a distributor. I don't think he's a first round
pick, I can't believe people are rating him that high. In the games I have
seen, he took it to the hole very nicely and threw down an incredible
two-handed alley-oop dunk, but his shot was all over the place. He
definitely wasn't dominating the game, even against my school. I would
only rate him the 6th or 7th best point in the draft IMHO.

 Say no to Mateen. I think Speedy
> Claxton could turn out to be the best point guard in the
> draft, and my point guard sleepers are Shaheen Holloway and Matt
> Santangelo.

Mihm is going to be a good NBA player. Comparisons to Travis Knight are
absolutely ridiculous. Have you seen him play? I have seen him on TV 4 or
5 times over the past two years and he is very solid. He is extremely
coordinated for a big man and shoots with either hand. He has a very nice
jump shot which will really help him. He is not going to dominate games in
the NBA, but I think he will be able to average 14-15 points a game and
get a lot of rebounds. He is 7 feet and pretty strong, with the frame to
add more muscle. He would be a definite upgrade from Vitaly. I think
he is a definite top 5 pick if he comes out, and he is much more developed
than Pryzbilla at this point.

> > I think you're far out in left field on Mihm - He's similar to Divac
> and that's good enough for me, but not for the Celtics apparently,
> to judge by the comments uttered by Leo Papile, who was much higher on
> Stromile Swift than Mihm.
> Ray

Swift will be very good, I am very glad he is staying in college another
year. That should really help him and allow him to become a big-time
player in college before he enters the draft.