Re: C's draft update

Houston hosts Vancouver tonight, while Denver is at Portland. Sounds like
ninth or 10th for the C's.

On a related topic: Did anyone watching the game last night hear an
interview with Chris Wallace. I'm told he identified Pryzbilla and the Greek
center as two players the Celts might look at in the draft, and also said we
would not hesitate to take a H.S. kid if he were the best pick. Anyone else
hear that?

The ping-pong balls will have to be awfully kind in order for us to have a
shot at Pryzbilla, who I really like for the C's. I wouldn't be surprised if
he goes second or third in the draft after the evaluation process (and
depending on Mihm's decision). Anyway, he's one of the few guys in this
draft who I believe could make a difference with the Celts next year. In
fact, I might go so far as to say he, Mihm and K. Martin are the only
players who would help much right away. That's not to say there aren't other
players who would help eventually, but I see them more as investments in the
future. The Greek kid may be another Ilgauskus, which would make him an
immediate impact player, but more likely he's another Nesterovic or
Radojevic.

Probably not a popular stance, but I'd trade Pierce for any one of the top
three players I mentioned above.

Mark