Re: Meeting Russ

Peter:

Thanks for this fine report.  And what you say about Battie goes for the
team.  Even these guys could be successful if they played with the passion
that those Russ and those teams did.  But, it has to consume you.  In
public, I don't see any of the Celtics who are consumed like that.  They may
be in private.  But, I don't see any leaders like Russell, or Havlicek, or
Bird, or even Reggie when he was there.  He had that fire.  I would like to
see it in Toine, Paul Pierce, Fortson, Battie and Anderson every night.  We
could have won 10 more games with that fire.  I miss the pride in Green.

--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net