Re: Poll - Poll: Embry /Cowens or Pitino/Pitino

|   Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:54:32 -0400
|   From: Theresa Lee <tjoyce@mit.edu>
|
|   What has Wayne Embry done of note?

Well, he drafted Mark Price, Kevin Johnson, Terrell Brandon, and Ron
Harper which were all to some extent "unobvious" picks.  He has a good
eye for picking guards.

He has had much less success picking big men.

|   And Dave Cowens was canned from
|   Charlotte, correct?  It could be that they are both too "old school" for
|   today's NBA.
|
|   I'll take Pitino/a real GM

Pitino is too smart and too driven not to eventually succeed.  He'll
spend a tough summer mulling over his mistakes and re-thinking his
approach.  If he continues along the same path next season, then I
think it will be time to seriously consider firing him.

-Andy