vintage Ryan

Today's globe, as may already have been posted, features
a vintage Ryan blistering of Pitino.  I mean, Ryan really lays
it on him.  Really ruthless.  He calls Antoine "immature and
thoroughly clueless," and really rides everybody.  The one
thing I felt was a cheap shot and untrue was when he called Vitaly a
backup.  In what league is Vitaly Potapenko a backup center?
Maybe in the 16 team NBA of Ryan's youth?  Please.  What-
ever his deficiencies, we all know by now that in today's NBA,
Potapenko is a better STARTER than a lot of teams can claim.
(See:  Magic, Orlando; Pistons, Detroit; etc.)

Still makes for a fun read.  Also sobering, when you realize
that Ryan was one of Pitino's biggest believers at the beginning.

Josh
Joshua Ozersky
Marketing Communications
Environmental Products Division