Iowa State's Fizer entering NBA draft

AMES, Iowa (AP) - Marcus Fizer decided he could do more for his
family as a rookie in the NBA than as a senior at Iowa State.
Fizer, an All-America who led the Cyclones to their best season
ever, announced Monday he would skip his final college season and
make himself eligible for the NBA draft. "I really think this is
the time I can do all the things I've always wanted to do for my
family," said Fizer, who is engaged and has two children. His
announcement was no surprise. Fizer's NBA stock rose throughout
the season as he followed one big game with another in leading
Iowa State to the Big 12 regular season and tournament
championships. The 6-foot-8, 265-pound forward is projected to be
one of the top picks in the June 28 draft. Fizer averaged 22.8
points and 7.7 rebounds and shot 58 percent from the field as
Iowa State set a school record for victories in finishing 32-5.
 *** For the full story, see
http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2565598948-382