Cleveland game

I watched the Cleveland broadcast last night and the announcers, one being
Tim McCormick (former 76er stiff -- oxymoron), that provided some excellent
analysis. First, Tim first scoffed at Tommy H for saying that VP was already
one of the top 10 centers in the league. The another announcer pointed out
that Matt Guokas, the normal color guy, agrees with Tommy. He pulled back
alittle but felt that getting Andre Miller for VP was a steal. He later said
that the Cavs just need to get a big guy for the middle in the
draft....Ok....Good luck. That's kind of like why we traded for one...Talking
about Pitino---he had a nice story where working with him in an AAU camp. He
said not long ago, Pitino would take on hot shots like Patrick Ewing and
Michael Jordon and beat them one-on-one and embarass them in front of the
rest of the campers. (I guess this was before they were really good). He said
Pitino used to be an excellent player. But anyways, his point being that when
you do fundamental things, you can beat people that are superior
athletically...Point of the Night from Tim: College teams are a personna of
the coach. NBA teams are a personna of their best players. You see are
problem...Tim was quite impressed with Walker on a few offensive moves,
calling one an All-star move. He should have added "veteran" <g>...Tim said
he really didn't see how Anderson fit in with this team since it really needs
a defensive minded point guard. He praised Anderson a few times but added it
was just for his "offense"...Tim's nutshell analysis of the Celts was that
they got one of the best scoring duos in the league with Pierce and Walker.
The Celts are poor on their interior and perimeter defense and have no real
inside scoring. He said their perimeter defense is hurt by their lack of
interior defense. (Hello Dale Davis).....

DJessen33