Pippett

What a snippet, that Pippet.  To think he can pontificate on what it
takes to win a championship because he was lucky enough to play with
"the Michael."  It's like Marla Maples instructing us on the "art of
the deal" because she happened to cohabit with "the Donald."

Any one of twenty lesser lights, certainly including Barkley, could
have shared the rings with Michael; Pippen was in the right place at
the right time.  I consider him a major whine.  Perhaps it's the small
school syndrome.  Some players cannot overcome the inferiority
difficulties that attach to coming from an insignificant college.
They just don't know how to act in the big time.

Not to revisit my snide rejoinder to Josh's comment last year about
Pippen being the best in the game now--I suggested it was Sir
Charles--but I was right.  Pippen is a drag on team chemistry without
a main man.  Does anyone think the coach would have utilized Barkley
so much last year if Pippen had been able to carry the load?  I rest
my case.  Give me Barkley in a big game, still.

Gene