Re: WNBA

Dan Forant Sr wrote:

> Of course it should exist.  I just discussed it with myself.
>
> At 05:58 PM 9/4/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >The WNBA, should it exist?  Please discuss this amongst yourselves.

Where does the funding come from?  What would be done with the money if it
wasn't spent there?  I think it is a waste and tanked a superior league
because it was bankrolled by the NBA/NBC.  I tried to watch some of the game
yesterday, but went back to the tennis match and took a nap instead.  I did
enjoy the 50 foot shot.

If the NBA is subsidizing it out of revenue, I think they should put the
money into pensions for the older players instead.  Let it live and die on
its own.  I think it would die, but I could be wrong.
--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net