Re: BOB RYAN

I've read practically everything Ryan ever wrote,
including out of print books like The Pro Game and 48
Minutes.  I actually bought Peter May's awful,
underreported quick money job "The Last Banner" and
Shaughnessy's "Evergreen" as well.  Ryan is a great
talent, which as Alex is said makes it even more
regrettable when he rants.  The others aren't anything
to brag about, and in any case, having written a good
book hardly makes you immune from criticism.  You're
only as good as the last word you write.  The best
bball book in the last ten years, IMHO, was The Last
Shot by Darcy Frey, followed up by Unfinished Business
by Jack McCallum, who gets my vote, along with Tom
Kertes, for best basketball writer in the business.