Re: Bulpett's Celtics outlook on ESPN.com

So Pitino painted himself in a corner, what was he supposed to do, say
we'll come in last place for 3 years before growth comes along. Ooooppps,
forgot we have to sell tickets and tv. I don't hold Pitino to that original
remark and also think it will take another year or two make the playoffs, I
certainly hope we do. If we stay healthy and already we're not, there may
be a chance for post season play.  The East is too competitive. We were
dumb and unlucky at the same time for too many years....

At 05:58 AM 10/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Outlook
>By Steve Bulpett
>Basketball News
>
>This shouldn't be a make-or-break year for a team
>three seasons into a new program and coming off a
>lockout-aided fiasco. But Rick Pitino has taken a
>gallon of green paint and brushed himself and his club
>into quite a corner.
>When Pitino came to Boston, he said the Celtics would
>contend for the playoffs in years three and four of
>his regime. But during last season's mess, he was
>asked if he still was guaranteeing the club would make
>the postseason in the third year. Pitino bit, and he
>is now fully aware of what he hath wrought.
etc.etc.etc.