Mercer-less

For those who are still curious about Ron Mercer here are a few urls
relating to the Denver preseason. One interesting tidbit (to think I almost
wrote "nugget") is that it looks like Ron will be starting at his familiar
position, SG. James Posey, the Nuggets first round choice seems to have
played his way onto the starting line-up at SF. Who's left on the outside
looking in? - old friend Chauncey Billups.

http://www.insidedenver.com/nuggets/1025nugg2.shtml

The next article documents an interesting trend, one that Celtic fans
should be familiar with from the last two years. . . Denver has not only
been shooting a poor percentage, but they have been outshot at the
free-throw line by a wide margin, averaging 11 less points from free throws
than their opponents per game. Low percentage and no free throws, hmmm,
sounds like they are settling for far too many jump shots . . .

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/nugs1026.htm

My last comment has nothing to do with Mercer (I think) but is more
directly relevant to the Celtics. Forgive me, but I can't help stirring up
the hornet's nest. Having just witnessed Bob Ryan's vituperative
no-holds-barred assassination of AW's character, would it be correct to
assume that this merely represents yet one more instance that uniquely
virulent Boston racism?

Cheers,

Tom Murphy