Re: roster

John Lyell wrote:

> With Fortson out, I would have to agree. Isn't Pervis in his final year ? If
> he doesn't play well it might be his last in the NBA.

Definitely is his last year of the contract.. Now... Heres my opinion on
Pervis..

There is no question that Pervis Ellison can play the game of basketball because
pure and simple the guy can. Its only his injuries that are holding him back
(obviously). Now, if we can get a fit and healthy Pervis Ellison (a rarity) then
we instantly have one of the top 20 centers in the league as a backup to Vitaly.
That arrangement at center is something that will imho propel us into the upper
echelon of teams in the Eastern Conference even without Danny Fortson. If Pervis
goes down, then we're buggered until the Fort gets back, but as long as Pervis
is healthy, the Celtics will be an extremely tough team to beat.