Re: Pitino Said An Interesting Thing

>From: kasper nine <kaspernine@yahoo.com>
>
>I agree that a center is important...but I think that
>he was referring here to Denver's pick that we
>acquired via the Mercer trade...but I could be wrong.
>Peace, -K9

I wouldn't read so much into these things.  I know it's futile telling Ray
that, but there's hope for you K9.  Bottom line is that Pitino was answering
a direct criticism, "You need a [better] center".  He attempted to say that
there aren't any available and the only way you get a dominant one is to get
very lucky in the draft.  Wasn't that understood to be the reason for
trading for Vitaly in the first place?  He was not saying it is his top
priority.  Right Ray?  Gimme a break.  He also said he'd see if Shaq wanted
to come to Boston.  Did you take that seriously?  Now that I think about it,
the Lakers could probably use Kenny Anderson, and now that Pitino's been
building him up in the press he probably wants to trade him.  How about
Kenny and V for Shaq?  Yeah, that's probably what he's about to do.

Jim