Back

Hi all, I've been out of town the past four days, as you probably noticed by
the blissful lack of flotsam cluttering your inboxes (forgive me, I've been up
now 19 hours straight).

Have a passel of old digests to read through, but just wanted to share my
quick thought: the Conlon signing seemed kind of strange. Yeah, he's a big guy
who can score, but I thought with Fortson down we'd go for a rebounder.
Pickins are slim, but what about Rick Mahorn? Couldn't go many minutes (like
Conlon will?) but would definitely add that tough guy dimension we need with
Danny out. Hell, even Eric Riley (no I am not his agent) has better per-minute
boarding and blocking stats than Conlon, and "knows the system."

Best way I can figure this is, Pits knew Marty was popular with the fans? Is
it me, or the jet lag, or what?

I hope Conlon can help; I'm even willing to believe he will. If he can put up
a reasonable facsimile of a power forward and let Pitino swing Toine to 3 from
time to time, it will mean fewer starts by Calbert Cheaney. But we should
prepare to once again get mauled on the boards.