Jerry Callahan Lampoons Tony Battie

      Boston Herald

      Bring Jay this way: Free agent Buhner could be final piece to Sox' puzzle
      Tunnel Vision/by Gerry Callahan
      Friday, October 22, 1999
      Firing away while wondering where the Red Sox are going to play now that
      rioters have burned old Fenway Park to the ground ...  <snips>

      A roll model
      Upon signing his center to a six-year, $27-million contract, Rick Pitino
      praised Tony Battie as a great role model for the kids, and I can see the
      public service announcement now: Hey, kids. This is your friend Tony
      Battie with an important safety reminder. When dragging a Boston police
      officer with your sport utility vehicle, always be sure to buckle up.
      Write to Gerry Callahan and we might print your response with his next
      Friday column.