problems from last night

Last night's game bodes pretty well for the early
months of the season, as has been noted here.  The two
teams definitely were not playing it like an
exhibition, and but for a grotesque (and no doubt
message-bearing) foul disparity, we would surely have
beat Charlotte on their own floor in regulation.
However, there is still plenty of room for
improvement.  The more I think about it, the more it
bothers me that:

1)  Antoine blew an open layup that would have made
the difference in the game.

2)  Antoine missed a free throw that would have won it
for us.

3)  Pierce and Dana turned over the ball three times
in the closing minutes, which resulted in us not even
getting a shot off.

4)  Pierce getting two and a half open looks at the
hoop from three point range, and bricking all three.
Oh for the FILA league again!

5)  We absolutely got killed on the boards.  I know
that Tony was out, but we simply have to do better.
Vitaly, Pierce, and the other players have to block
out and go after the ball, which they didn't do last
night.  Also, when are they going to stop using Vitaly
in the high post?  February?  They have to wake up
eventually and realize what a waste that is.  He
should be banging with the DCs and Masons of the
league on almost every play, drawing fouls and keeping
them off the boards.  What a waste!  Travis could do
what they have him doing.

=====