Ow, Danny Boy ...

Just shoot me now.

                          CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Boston Celtics forward Danny
Fortson has a stress fracture in his
                          right foot and will miss 8-12 weeks.

                          The Celtics announced Fortson's injury in Charlotte
during the first half of
                          their exhibition against the Hornets on Tuesday
night. The team said
                          Fortson, hobbling on crutches before the game, would
return to Boston on
                          Wednesday for further tests.

                          Fortson, a third-year pro, was acquired in an
offseason trade with Denver
                          that sent former first-round draft choice Ron Mercer
from Boston to the
                          Nuggets.

                          The 6-foot-7, 260-pound Fortson started Boston's
exhibition opener last Wednesday and had
                          eight points and 11 rebounds. He came off the bench
two nights later against Atlanta, getting
                          a game-high 12 rebounds in 20 minutes.

It's karma. I was trying not to feel smug this morning when I read that
Ratliff had a stress fracture. He's only expected to be out three weeks.