Re: what we got, what we need

I think the only guy I would take ahead of Fortson is Brian Grant maybe.
Everyone was complaining last year about our rebounding.  Well, guess
what, problem solved!! Fortson is everything I expected and more.  The
difference is astonishing.  He can box out and rebound on anybody.  The
guy could be a professional power lifter, he is pound for pound probably
the strongest guy in the NBA. Take him for what he is, a rebounder and a
defender and also a guy with basketball intelligence.  Great for
chemistry, great for his toughness. He is not much of a scorer, that's OK,
we have guys that can score. I think he has a good shot to lead the NBA in
rebounds.  His value will become apparent once the season starts and the
C's start winning. I would take him in a heartbeat over Lorenzen Wright
and Elden Campbell.

I don't know how people can say we're a bad team. All the real good teams
are out west.  No big talent in the east.  The Knicks?  The Pacers?  You
gotta be kidding me.  Philly, Toronto and Charlotte have the  most talent
but are not especially deep. The Celts can play with absolutely anyone in
the East. New Jersey as well is not deep and I doubt they will have any
chemistry on that team.

I would like to see another real quick shooting guard who can run and
score.  I have hopes for Eric Washington but so far not impressed.
Calbert is more suited to the slow-down game.

How about Michael Redd in the draft next year? With the draft pick along
with Williams and Fortson and the $3 million paid of Williams contract,
the Mercer trade is almost looking like a steal.