Battie's extension

Elgin W Booth said:
> I think Battie has a shot for Most Improved
> Player.  He will have a breakout year.

I agree.  He was great some of the time last year, and improving
with every game.  I'm VERY glad that the Celtics signed him to a
contract extension a couple days ago, because his stock is very
likely to rise alot this year, which until a few days ago was the last
year on his contract.  If the Celtics had waited until later in the
season to sign him to an extension or re-sign him, his price would
likely have gone up too much to keep him, so the only way to keep him
around a few years AND have him have a breakout year was to sign him
now, before his price goes up.  Smart move!

Now they'll only have to worry about signing Paul Pierce 2 years from
now.  I think most or all of the old big contracts (Ellison, Minor,
Dino Radja) will be over by then, right?

Jon