what we got, what we need

Celtics looked solid against the Hawks.  Good effort.  It is great to see
us outrebounding the other team and also going to the foul line more
often.

Biggest Surprises to date: Pervis Ellison, Walter McCarty, Adrian Griffin,
Wayne Turner

All 3 have played well.  McCarty is just shooting the hell out of the
ball.  I thought he would be 10th or 11th man this year but now I think he
will see some solid minutes and provide some good offense and hustle off
the bench.  Pervis should also make good contributions in defense and
rebounding.

Biggest Disappointments to date: Calbert Cheaney, Antoine Walker

Only 2, not bad.  Walker seems to be playing about the same way he did
last year.  God I wish he could jump!! He gets his shot blocked way too
much for a 6-9 guy.  He drives in for the layup and get blocked all the
time.  Calbert looks like he doesn't have a clue out there.  Still hasn't
scored on offense.  Hopefully he will come around.

Best Players so far: Paul Pierce, Eric Williams, Danny Fortson, Tony
Battie

Eric Williams is just an animal down low.  He is instant offense and gets
to the line better than any other Celtic. I was mad when they traded him
in the first place.  What a dumb move.  Pintino is redeeming himself now.
Williams looks better than ever.  Fortson is exactly what we wanted.  A
REBOUND THUG!! He's great.  Pierce has been solid.  Not really looking for
his offense yet.  He will. I think Battie has a shot for Most Improved
Player.  He will have a breakout year.

Average: Vitaly Potapenko, Kenny Anderson

The team looks good.  I am expecting 44-50 wins this year.  Dana Barros is
coming back.

If there's one thing this team lacks, it's outside shooting definitely.
Could use another long range shooter or a true shooting guard to come off
picks.  Maybe Calbert can help us.