Start Eric Williams

Until this team can prove its offensive reliability I would start Eric
Williams and go to him often.  He both puts points on the board
quickly and gets to the foul line, thus putting early foul pressure on
opposing big men.  Plus, with an early inside game we allow our
offensive rebounders an added chance to do their thing.

Put him at PF with VP at center.  With Walker, Pierce and Kenny we
have enough size to work the defensive boards and get off to a fast
start.  Then begin to rotate in Fortson, Battie, etc.  Williams should
play the first six to eight minutes at a gallop, then come in midway
through the second quarter to reassert the inside game.  It doesn't
matter that his defense or bulk may not equal Fortson's.  What we give
up is made up on the offensive end where we need the early help.

At crucial times, good teams go to the high percentage inside game.
That crucial time for us is the first few minutes, while we're waiting
for Antoine or Pierce to size up the basket.

That's my brilliant idea for the day.

Gene