Re:

Hi Josh,
    There's nothing more pleasant in my day-dreaming mind than VP
setting a shuddering pick on Kobe Bryant out on the perimeter, and
having opposing guards constantly looking over their shoulder for his
menacing shadow. If VP's such a fine passer and screen roll finisher
(and relatively prosaic offensive rebounder), then there is no better
system for him than the high post. The way Chris Wallace sees it, we
have a Laimbeer-Mahorn unselfish combination in Fortson and VP. That's
okay by me.

    Besides it's really nothing as dramatic as an "either/or" thing.
Feeding Potapenko, Pervis, Battie and others in the paint will
definitely be part of the mix this year. The Celts did in fact establish
a credible inside game later in the season, mainly directed through
Potapenko (now, if only he can hit his free throws this season). His
scoring and rebounding average rose rapidly over the last quarter of the
season. He had a better year in Boston than Matt Geiger did the year he
signed for 8 million or whatever it was, and he's a much more likeable
and motivated player.

    Relax!  (not that I should talk). :-)

Joe

*******