RE: (no subject)

>From: Dan Forant Sr <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
>
>I think it's significant enough to question Pitino's wisdom and objective.
>Do you confuse the troops right from the start or try to build confidence
>with the best you have first, then fiddle. Rome burned last nite.

I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what was so damned unusual about
the starting lineup last night.  It's the same lineup from last year, with
Cheaney replacing Mercer, and Fortson earning a start due to his hard work
in practice.  I think it was an attempt not to shake too much up all at
once.  I do not think it indicates  how Pitino wants the starting lineup to
look.

I didn't see the whole game.  From the part I did see, though, I thought
Fortson lived up to his billing on the boards (he is just a HUGE man), and
EW looked like he can come in off the bench to score.  Walker and Pierce
seemed totally out of it on offense (like most people, I stopped watching a
little after 8:00).  And, let's face it, if those two aren't playing well,
this team is going to struggle.

Jim