I Hope You're Right Josh O

I would like to see my comments turn out to be ludicrous and
intemperate, but until the C's get the point guard situation
straightened out -- as in remove Kenny -- and solve the major
problem with the club as defined by Mark E.:

 "a team that plays helter-skelter P-Ball has to have a
shot blocking center to defend under the rim when the trap
is defeated."

Until those two problems are solved, more losses are on the
way. Now, perhaps Battie can serve that function as the shot-blocking
center type since he'll be alongside two beefy guys in Fort and
Pot. Since it appears that both Pot and Fort are going to be in constant
foul trouble, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to play them
together,
rather they're probably best served as substitutes for one another. Of
course, Il Duce has to cooperate by keeping Toine at the 3 instead of
the 4.

I suppose, when Pitino makes the inevitable trade, the C's could pick
up a shotblocker. I like Shawn Bradley, but the rest of you apparently
view him as Travis Knight on growth hormones. The two upcoming drafts
should have some potential defensive/shotblocking types available,
and you never know when the next Kelvin - 7 blocks and 11 rebounds in
twenty
minutes last night - Cato could arise.

However Josh, you're out to lunch and way out in left field on McCarty.
I doubt if any other team would have given him more than the $1.1
million exception, cetainly not the 3 year, $8 million deal that the
C's are paying him. And as far as his defense goes, sure he's a pretty
good team/peripheral defender, but his man-to-man D is bad. And then
there's
the mistakes he makes and his horrible shooting percentage.
Ray