Re:

I was waiting for the Denver paper to make a comment like this. As someone
previously noted, it illustrates how little understanding people in that state
have for the game of basketball. (No offense to any list members there.)
Michael Jorana would never have played 38 minutes and come away with zero
assists. Dominique sounds like the better comparison.

>Mercer was nothing short of spectacular, scoring 19 in the first half
>    alone with a variety of athletic drives to the basket and perimeter
>    shots. Mercer's performance was - dare we say it - reminiscent of the
>    player whose statue adorns the entrance to United Center, Michael
>    Jordan.

On another note, 6 boards in 25 minutes doesn't sound too bad for Popeye's
first game in a year.