The glass is still half empty

ESPN has their Power Ratings out. The Celtics are 21 but 10th in the East.
They like the Fortson pickup but don't like VP and Anderson.

In all the preseason analysis, everyone picks on something different. Some
don't like the players Pitino has as a GM, some don't like his frenetic style
as coach. Some think Walker can be good but takes bad shots and hot dogs too
much. Some think Anderson is too fragile and won't play Pitino defense. Some
think VP fouls too much and is too slow to play Pitino style basketball. Some
think Pierce can be a great one but he will want to punch out if the season
turns out to be a flop. Some don't like Wayne Turner because he was a
Kentucky Wildcat. Some think Cheaney has lost his shot and must be nuts in
the heads for turning down more money at Miami to play for a supposedly worse
team with a overbearing coach. Some think Fortson is too short to play center
(???) and can't play Pitino-ball.  Some continue to lament the Mercer trade
and wish we had just brought back last year's team that won 19 games. Some
still think we should have not traded for VP and would rather have Andre
Miller running the point. Could there be any possible good outcomes?

Yet the ESPN ranking place the Nets at 15th overall and 5th in the East. This
is a team that has talent, like the Celtics, but are also undeveloped and
have Nyet <g> to put it all together. Marbury and Van Horn could be stars.
Yet Jayson Williams is out again and they are relying on slower than slow
George Muresan to man the middle. ESPN's analysis is that Marbury will become
a star and look for a Muresan comeback.

Two young teams, yet two different outlooks. Clearly, we have a case of in
the Celtics of the glass being half-empty and with the Nets, the glass if
half-full...

DJessen33