Re: Onhoops: C's 6th In Atlantic

This guy criticizes the addition of Wayne Turner as if spending the
minimum and a roster spot on a the third string point guard is a big
enough deal to even mention. Does he even notice that the trade of
Mercer proves that Pitino's "college allegiance" isn't as strong as
people seem to believe?

I think that the Celtics will be fine counting on Antoine and Pierce
for scoring. He makes Antoine sound like he can't put points on the
board when he was, what, 8th in the league in scoring two season ago?
Pierce can go for 30+ points when it's really called for. Yes, Ron
Mercer averaged his 17 ppg but how many Celtics on the current roster
have averaged 15+ ppg at some point in their careers? I think there'll
be enough scoring.

Alex