Re: Kenny Anderson Healthy For A Change

RSMALL@clarku.edu wrote:

> >    Well I take it Kenny's excuse is that he felt compelled last season
> >to stop in his tracks and wait for Ron Mercer to come off the double
> >screen for the pass (something we all saw mucho times last season).
> >Arguably this threw Kenny's game off, not to mention the entire flow of
> >the Celtics offense.
>
> What is he going to do when the C's run the exact same play for Pierce.  This
> seem to one Ricky P.'s favorite plays.  We will see this play mucho times this
> year also.

Or maybe run that same play all night to Calbert "Duck" Cheaney. The point is that
Kenny will no longer have someone pressuring him to run that  play over and over,
and this may free him to try something different (say driving at a second defender
and then dishing off to the open man).

All last season it was the point guard who ran the offense, not the coach on the
sidelines (I don't know if Pitino called each offensive play at Kentucky). This is
why I could have sworn Kenny and Ron were in cahoots last year. I blamed Kenny's
decision making for running that stupid play over and over (do you recall Kenny
ever passing to Paul Pierce?). But now Kenny claims it was all Ron's idea. I don't
know who we expected to beat with that system. Gimmeabreak.

This year Pitino reports that there is serious ball movement in camp and an
unselfish attitude about stats. This may largely be wishful thinking on his part,
but if there is any grain of truth to his statement, then in my mind this
demonstrates "addition by subtraction". It's at least possible that the Y2K Celts
will actually generate as many or more points per game through the trade of a
third "All Star" scorer who couldn't or wouldn't pass, and lacked the dribbling
ability to attract fouls or double teams to create open looks for the other four
players out there. It doesn't hurt, either, that we seem to have added 4 offensive
rebounds per game from Danny Fortson.

Have a good weekend, you all.

Joe

Go Red Sox!! (why give up now, I say)