hard week

Is this going to be a hard week, or what?  We have
four days to fume and brood about the team's
inexplicable weaknesses, hear self-righteous
vindications from all the critics who went into
hiding, and then at the end, we have to play one of
the three toughest teams in the league on Friday.
Luckily, we get the Sixers without Iverson the next
night.  We have to keep the ship stable the next
month.  We get denver and houston twice, and Houston
is really not the team they used to be.  We have to
catch some teams napping, and we have to get a mini
roll going, three or four wins in a row, since we will
probably lose three or four in a row in there (e.g.
Spurs-Lakers-Raptors).  If we can make it to Y2K with
our personell and .500 record intact, and a little
togetherness and grit, we will be OK.  Much hangs in
the balance.  We have to play smart.  I don't mind
losing, but I can't stand head-scratching losses.
They are the most painful to contemplate.