3 major weaknesses

The Celtics have 3 major weaknesses. One is immediately correctable and one
is correctable over time. Because Pitino hasn't recognized one weakness, he
has lost us some games:

1) 2nd unit. Pitino continues to attempt to play 10 players. Dana, Cheaney,
Williams, Walter and Battie. This has been his style and uses it as a
pressing team. This unit is built for the press and defense. However, this
unit hasn't played or pressed much. Why? Because they have no offense. They
either have to build their offense off steals off the press or they have
nothing. They stand around until Dana or Walter takes a three. Erik Williams
is hit or miss and they don't use him as a designated option. Cheaney makes
you wonder if he ever had a shot. Why is Overton good enough to play with the
first unit and not the second? I don't like him shooting so much but he is 10
times better than Dana in running an offense. Pitino has to make a choice.
Either get Dana out of there or cut back on your rotation and melt your
second team in with your first. When Fortson comes back, things will change
again but that is still a month away. We have watched Dana fail at point
guard for 4 years now. When is Pitino going to get it!
2) Defense among the starters.  Other than Griffen, no one is a good
defensive player. Actually, Walker, Anderson and Pierce are poor defensive
players. We will always be hurt defensively against teams that are strong in
the frontcourt while Walker is playing the four. We are also hurt when we
play teams that have more than one weapon at the 1-3. The Bucks weapons have
weapons at the 1, 2 and 3. I don't know what a person can do about making a
person a better defensive player if they just don't have skills. However,
Pierce should be better than he is with those long arms. I don't know if
Fortson will help defensively in the frontcourt but he will help immensely on
offensive rebounding, something we haven't had much of since he got hurt.
Getting an offensive rebound when things aren't going your way can really
give your team a boost. However, overall this is something we will have to
live with.
3) Taking what the defense gives you. This is something both Pierce and
Walker have to learn. If a team if doubling you, someone else is open. Both
players feel that they can or have to score when doubled. You can't let
yourself get into this mentality. You have to be thinking what you are going
to do when the double comes. You have to trust your teammates that they are
going to make the open shot. YOU HAVE TO FORGET THAT YOU HAVE ONLY SCORED SIX
POINTS SO FAR IN THE GAME. It's the next level on the way of being a
championship player. This is correctable over time but the player has to want
to do it. I think both Pierce and Walker want to but we will suffer along
with them until they understand it fully...

DJessen33