RE: Spurs Are Really Outclassing The Celts

Hey AW might be listening to Pitino. He was out early before the game
shooting around tonight, and it may have helped.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
John Lyell
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 1999 11:28 PM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: RE: Spurs Are Really Outclassing The Celts

This is why people are so hard on him. If he were a dedicated player he
would really seek to improve on his weaknesses. I do not think he has over
the past few years and does not seem to be concerned with his perceived
weaknesses.  He gets a paycheck either way. A good reason for the fans to
ride him. You can't blame him alone, VP, Battie, and unfortunately a veteran
like Barros have not seemed to improve either. If it were not for some key
plays by Adrian Griffin we very easily could be 5-7. Antoine should learn
form the work ethics of guys like Duncan, Pierce, & Griffin. Some time you
get in slumps and need to continue shooting to get out of them, but if the
slumps become a regular thing, teammates will begin to lose confidence.

John