trades and 'Toine

I just wanted to respond to a couple of John Lyell's recent posts. As far
as trades go, before I recently posted saying "don't screw with the crew",
I too thought "Wait a minute, we've been saying not to tamper with the
nucleus for a long time now". I agree that's an argument that only goes so
far. But still, for the past couple of years we've been saying that while
the C's have had an abysmal record. Now we're in the unlikely position of
being a winning team. So, as long as we stay in the vicintity of .500 and
have a legitimate shot at the playoffs, I say let well enough along
(especially until Forston is back for a while). However, I acknowledge that
once we start losing again, something will have to change.

As far as the Vitaly trade goes, I think the jury is still out. What does V
do that Drew didn't? Well, you have to admit his career numbers are much
better and he fills up the middle much more effectively. The real question,
I think, will have to be answered in a couple of years' time: On balance,
is V more valuable to the Celtics than Andre Miller would have been? With
Kenny's recent good play, only time will tell.

Let's not be too concerned with the loss - the real test is in how well we
bounce back in the next game.

Bill - thanks for the game reports. Unlike my upbringing in Atlantic
Canada, I don't get to see any games down here in Oz.

Pete