No Subject

http://www.nbatalk.com/ecnote.shtml

The Chicago Sun Times reports: "He's torn between the desire to put
his team on his shoulders and the fear of stepping on his teammates'
toes. Such is the dilemma of a high draft pick, who's expected to
revive a lottery team yet not make waves with the veterans or his
coaches. The Bulls' Elton Brand, the No. 1 overall selection last
summer, is facing that dilemma. "It is tough for a rookie to try to
become a leader when you have such a veteran-laden team," Brand said.
"I just try to come out and work hard every night." Even Brand's
critics don't mock his work ethic. The 6-8, 260-pound power forward
dives for loose balls, battles down low and does as much individual
film work as any player on the team. He'll make himself a better
player, but how much he can do for his team is another matter. "I do
feel my game's progressing," Brand said. "I'm getting more comfortable
with the offense and trying to get good shots, but I want to progress
to the point where I can help this team get some wins."