Re: Sportline's : Miami and Boston are close in the standings but worlds apart

Honestly, Jon, I think you're being too generous with that Sportsline
guy. His argument was basically that, based on watching exactly one
game, it's obvious that the Celtics are a bad team and far behind Miami,
regardless of what the standings say. It's interesting how he takes
the opportunity to shoot down Boston instead of the five teams behind
them in the Atlantic, or the other seven teams that Miami has beaten
this season. I would guess that he's one of those clueless lemmings
that picked Boston to finish last in the Atlantic and he has to try
to bring them down in his column so he won't look so dumb. "Well the
standings may not show it and they may make the playoffs but in reality
they still suck just like I predicted in the preseason." Whatever,
sportswriter.

> I don't buy that Sportsline guy's article about Saturday's game being proof
> that the Miami Heat and the Celtics being worlds apart.  Yes, Miami is more
> poised and experienced, and will do better than the Celtics this season, and
> might even win a championship, while the Celtics are not ready for a
> championship this year.  But they're not worlds apart, either, and the
> Celtics record is no fluke.
[cut]