Mutombo Idea

The more I think of it the more I really think Pitino needs to make a major
play to get Mutombo, which will cost us Walker. If we want to compete with
Miami and Zo, LA & Shaq & San Antonio and Duncan in the future, we need a
big man in the middle. Potapenko doesn't cut it. Yes,  Walker could be a
star ,but he is a bad defender, and really does not fit at the 3 or 4 spot,
so how about;

Walker, VP, and Barros for Mutombo and Henderson ((Wright ?), and Bimbo
Coles or Anthony Johnson

Then the Battie for Mcgrady

Then try to move McCarty, Cheaney, Williams, for a  Tim Legler, Kittles,
Gill, Bryce Drew with struggling teams looking for chemistry changes.

New Lineup

Anderson -  having a good year but still vulnerable to injury and who know
how many more years he has. If we can get a backup like Anthony Joshnon ,
Coles, Nash, Whitney, or even Vonteego Cummings this would upgrade us here.

Pierce - Solid all around player   add Legler ? Gill? Kittles ? Drew ?
Upgrade here also.

Griffin -  Solid all around player.  If you call AW a 3 this would be a
downgrade, but Mcgrady has youth, explosive potential, and trade value if it
does not work out.

Fortson & Wright or Henderson good power 4's. Upgrade

Mutombo - Defensive force, doesn't need to score. I would like to add Foyle
as backup. He is still real raw but plays hard and adds another shot
blocker.

I would hate to see AW go,  but I like this line-ups ability to compete in
the future better. With Mutombo & either Henderson, Wright (or we could go
for Roshown Macleod expecting Fortson to return) would provide the inside
presence we seriously lack.

What does everyone think of the Sonics start ? A major overhaul, and playing
better than expected.

John