Re: They Love Ron In Denver

Hey it looks like some of you guys know what you're talking about. I
remember last year that some of you were calling Mercer out about his lack
of D and too much shooting. I didn't notice it sooo much until you pointed
it out.I was dazzled by Mercer coming off the screen and shooting the
pretty j's.  I can see this year with the Celtics how that type of player
can kill a team.

I am following him closely and the only thing that's different about his
game this year is that he's trying the 3's (and missing). He's still
shooting and missing. I would rather have a role player than him right now.

Pitino has to resist the urge to gloat until Fortson actually takes the
court and performs, but it looks like he got the best of this trade.

The season is young and so is Ron Mercer. It wasn't that long ago that the
Ron Mercer's of the NBA would still be sitting on the bench learning from a
veteran. Now, guys like him, with seemingly imcomplete games, are starters
on their teams. No chance to develop out of the spotlight, big guaranteed
contracts and ESPN highlight films have hampered the development of these
type of players. Griffin, quietly working on his whole game in the CBA,
plays a more complete game than Mercer and for a lot less money.

Bothered by the loss to the Bulls, I am.....

Theresa