From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
Gregory Hurst
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 1999 5:54 PM
To: wfcooper@tiac.net
Cc: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: C's Lose to Bulls ??!!!: Chicago 92- Boston 91

We have improved slightly from last year.  However, we still lack that
inside scorer.  Therefore, we become a perimeter scoring team.  If you
live by the jump shot, you die by the jump shot.  Vitaly and Battie can
not get the job done (thus far).  We struggle in our half court offensive
game.

The half court defense has improved.  However, we still lack that shot
blocker or someone that will take a charge at the end of the game (that
can change a game).  I think that when a Fred Hoilberg can drive the lane
and dunk in traffic, we have some problems.

Is Pervis ever going to play?

The season is in the early stages and if Pitino can develop the second
unit with a point guard, maybe we can tire some teams out and will not
need blocks and charges (which is part of the fundamentals of the game).

  We complain about Antoine's shot selection (quick shots off the wrong
foot or missed layups without using the backboard.  However, except
Pierce he is the best player on the team.  Therefore, we are stuck with
him and hope he improves.

Vanhorn can not co-exist with Maurbury taking 30 shots a game.  Just
maybe he might in up in Celtic green to compliment Pierce, Walker, and
Anderson.  Wishful thinking!

Greg
gh18@juno.com