Hang on

I'm happy that we're 4-3, not happy after Saturday night.  But looking
at the box score made me realize that our problems are more easily
fixed than before.

Good omens:  Our potential all-stars are playing well.  Kenny is MVP
so far, Antoine is adjusting better, though short of his ability, and
Pierce is playing well, although I think he hasn't yet adjusted to his
monster first game.  Still, the big three are ok.  Then, VP is doing
his part, nothing spectacular, and Griffin is far more than we
expected.  So, the first five are playing well.

Other omens:  the bench, which we were so convinced was much
strengthened, has failed us--especially vs. the Bulls.  That is
certainly not as bad as a weak starting five; there's talent there and
Coach has to make it productive.  When Danny gets back, I would start
him and bring Griffin off the bench, still giving him 30 plus minutes,
but letting him stabilize the bench group.

Bad omen:  we have a tough stretch coming and we'd better learn how
to play 48 minutes real fast.

I'm optimistic.  It's a long season and I think we'll hit our stride
before Danny gets back.

Gene