Ryan praises Antoine!

from today's column:

Guess who played a pretty nice game? Antoine Walker;
that's who. He torched the Knicks in the first quarter
with an intelligent mixture of shots. He hit the
boards (10 rebounds). He made a Bird-like crop-down
pass to Tony Battie for a layup when he could have
cranked a three. And when he nailed a nice
straightaway three (59-45) in the third period, he
resisted the urge to wiggle, settling for an
acceptable fist-pump instead. There's hope for this
lad yet.

end clip

As far as last night's game, it wasn't really that the
team played bad, although they did make some bad plays
and missed shots.  The knicks D was real tough, and
they stopped calling the new impeding fouls.  It was
old time eastern conference basketball, and we still
one.  Pierce had a great block on Spree with the game
on the line.  Vitaly saved a possesion by knocking a
rebound to a teammate.  It'll be nice if we can
execute against murderous D better, but that is what
playoff caliber basketball is defined as.  IN the
meantime, we gutted out a win.  I like it.

=====